If you have tickets for the Pavlo Convert on April 26, 2020. You have 2 options for your tickets
1) Keep your tickets and they will automatically be valid for the November 14 concert
2) Request a refund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your name and the email address that you used to order your ticktes.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Please stay safe.
March 16, 2020
THE WESTDALE IS NOW CLOSED TEMPORARILY
To our valued patrons,
Like you, we have been following the updates on COVID-19 closely. We have taken measures to help protect our staff and audience. Today, we take the extraordinary measure of temporarily closing The Westdale along with its programming, as of Monday, March 16.
This has been a heartbreaking but necessary decision. The health and safety of our community remain of the utmost importance to us. Medical evidence and guidance from all levels of government tell us that we can slow the progress of the virus by gathering less in groups. We want to do everything we can to contribute to safeguarding our collective well-being. We continue to monitor news of the pandemic daily, and will follow the advice of Hamilton Public Health and provincial and federal authorities.
We love Hamilton and feel fortunate to be part of such a supportive and caring community. We stand with our fellow film and arts organizations that have seen their events cancelled or postponed.
We have already been in contact with patrons who purchased tickets to an event at The Westdale.
The following options are available for those who have already purchased tickets to a film:
-Please consider your ticket purchase a donation
-Please email us at email@example.com if you would like a refund and we will gladly process it
We understand that these are difficult times for everyone. We have only been open for one year as a not-for-profit charity and this will be a major challenge for us financially. Please consider donating anything you can to help us when we reopen.
You can donate and receive a tax receipt here:
Please visit our website for the most up to date information about the closure. We will be in contact with you to let you know when we reopen.
We look forward to when we can welcome audiences back to The Westdale to celebrate film and community.
We are wishing you all good health.
The Board and Staff of The Westdale
The following events have been cancelled. We will be in contact with all ticket holders for refunds in the following week.
St. Patrick’s Day Live with Scantily Plaid – March 17
One Night Only! A Monthly Comedy Show at The Westdale – March 25
The speaker for the Jewish Film Festival screening of Leona on March 22. The film will still be screened.
McMaster Improv event April 3
McMaster 1917 Event March 26
March 12, 2020
Dear patrons of The Westdale,
The health and safety of our patrons, staff, volunteers and guests is our top priority. We want to let you know that we have initiated measures in response to COVID-19, and will continue to monitor how to best protect our patrons, staff, volunteers and guests.
At the time of this statement, the risk of contracting the virus within the GTHA remains low. Our efforts to mitigate its spread are guided by Hamilton Public Health Services, Ontario’s Ministry of Health , and the Public Health Agency of Canada.
The Westdale is open for scheduled films and events
• All visitors and staff with symptoms such as a fever, coughing, or difficulty breathing, are asked to remain home and report symptoms to their health care provider or Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000).
• Frequently-used surfaces such as doorknobs, door handles, railings, telephones, tables, and chairs are cleaned and sanitized with increased frequency.
• Staff and volunteers are reviewing and practicing protocols to ensure safe engagement and interaction with all patrons and guests.
As visitors, we encourage you to practice good hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette at this time.
Follow these steps as you would for the common cold or flu:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Cough or sneeze into your elbow or sleeve.
• Dispose of tissues appropriately and wash your hands.
• Look to alternative ways to greet friends, family, and business visitors.
If you have any concerns about The Westdale’s operation at this time, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or the General Manager Dan Fournier at email@example.com
Thank you as always for your support.