In partnership with the Canada Summer Jobs program, The Westdale seeks to hire a Marketing Coordinator. We are searching for an up-and-coming arts administrator with a passion for film and the local performing arts scene to be a key member of our team.
Funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program, this position is available to those between 15 and 30. This position requires evening work on weekdays, Monday and Tuesday in particular, and is a hybrid model working from the theatre and home. Occasional weekend work will be required. The position is based on 32 hours a week for 12 weeks beginning June 6, 2022.
Build your resume, indulge your passion for the arts, and be an integral part of the broader GHA arts community!
- Writing and designing weekly e-newsletters
- Developing, updating, and managing the website and ticketing system
- Writing and creating social media copy and offering input on campaign management
- Developing and maintaining marketing campaigns
- Proofreading schedules, times, and dates
- Writing media releases
- Manage Google Adwords campaigns
- Input event listings
- Provide administrative support to the executive director
- Intermediate to advanced competencies in graphic design skills
Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Proficiency in WordPress web development software
Intermediate to Advanced skills in: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.)
- Advanced skills in Google Analytics, Mailchimp, and database management
- Strong understanding of and comfort in using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, TikTok etc.), including collecting and reporting analytics
- Experience using social media and social media management platforms (e.g., Hootsuite)
- Time-management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Solid and practical verbal and writing communication skills and copy-editing skills
- Knowledge of Hamilton and the regional art and culture scene is considered a vital asset
- Experience with ticketing systems is an asset
$15 an hour. 32 hours a week for 12 weeks beginning June 6, 2022.
Candidates must meet these 3 essential criteria: 1) Be no more than 30 years of age at the start of employment; 2) Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; 3) Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
How to Apply:
The Westdale supports diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We value employment equity and strongly encourage applications from Indigenous, Black, and other racialized people; people with disabilities; people of all genders; and LGBTQ2+ people.
Please respond to email@example.com with a resume and a cover letter (NOTE: pdf into ONE attachment) outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position; your letter should include evidence of your skills and experience in the areas described in the job posting.
The Westdale thanks all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please include Marketing Coordinator in the subject line of your email.